Monday, August 18, 2008

A Bit of My Long Tale

Ok, so I promised that I would put little bits and pieces of my stories on this blog of mine, and I fully intend to hold true to my promise! Here is the prolouge of my biggest story, which now consists of about...oh...9 chapters I think... But some of them are 20 page chapters. I think that I need to cut some of them up...I mean split them into more chapters.
Without further ado or any needless chatter, I present to you...the proulouge of....In the Mind's Eye....
(Tell me if you think that I should change the title...I am personally getting tired of it and I don't think it is a good title...)

Prologue

He wrapped the small baby in blankets, the way he had seen his dead wife do. She wriggled her arms out and jerked them wildly about. He laughed at her antics. His only daughter, the one he had kept a secret from his new wife. He loved his wife, but he knew that she would not love his daughter, and she would not have married him if she knew his secret.
He smiled as he looked at his daughter, pride beaming from his face. He could see by the marks on her face that she would be a very powerful young lady. Plus, her marks were on the right side. He could see some of her future, and her many gifts that made the marks on her face. Of course, her marks were so many, her face almost looked distorted. Yes, the beginning of her future would be hard, but she would rise up, and conquer all her enemies, and end up being one one of the most powerful beings on the face of the earth.
He wished he could tell his new wife, but she would not understand. She would not appreciate his daughter. She would not care that he and his little girl were descendants of one of the wisest people in the earth. But, his wife played a part in his daughter’s life.
He sighed. Yes, he would have to do the unthinkable for his daughter. His wife would hate him for it, but he knew he had to do it.
He picked up his squirming bundle, and cradled her. He hated having to leave her, but he knew that her would see her again. He could see it with his mind’s eye. His daughter had that gift, he just wished he could teach her how to use it properly. But, that would have to wait. He walked out and towards the woods where his new home was.
“I hate doing this to you, my darling child,” he whispered to her, “but it is for the best. You will thank me someday. I know you will. For now, be yourself, and have the blessing of all Roshems, Ellina Thatchie.”



I hope that you all enjoyed...tell me what you think!
Jenna

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so good Jenna! I think that I've read that one before from your writings... But it's good none the less! I miss you! Love you oodles!
Emily
XOXO

Jenna said...

Thank you bunches! Yes, You have read that before, so that is the story that I have the most of...maybe doing this will prompt me to write more...hehe! anyways, if you think that I should change anything with it, let me know. Or as the story continues, please tell me if you didnt like something about it or if I should change something in a dialouge ir something...Love you oodles back!
Jenna

Anonymous said...

I think everything is good the way it is... Although, if the guy's wife doesn't know about his daughter, how did he have her? Maybe that part could use a little bit more info... Or maybe I just skipped over something? Well, good luck with it, and yes, you should write more of it!
Love you!
Emily
P.S. Would you mind taking the letter verification thingy off? It's getting slightly annoying... :p :)

DramaPrincess*92 said...

Oooh, oooh, I've read that one! I think I read the first four chapters or so...I don't remember. It's been forever...lol. But again, great job on it ;)

Sarah

Jenna said...

Ok, emmy, just to clarify..he had been married before and his wife died, and he had remarried to another woman. So..now you know!
Jenna

Sarah!
thanks! I will be sure to put more than the first four chapters on here!
Jenna

Natty Girl said...

Hey Jenna...you already know what I think about it...I've begged you to write more! I love it!!!!!