Monday, August 31, 2009

Martyr's Letter

I heard this being read at the hillsong conference. It was incredible! It dug straight into my heart!
It is so powerful to you and I hope that it also speaks to you!

This was found among the things of a young African pastor in Zimbabwe after he was martyred. 

I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I'm a disciple of His and I won't look back, slow down, back away, or be still. 

My past is redeemed. My present makes sense. My future is secure. I'm done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I dont hhave to be right, or first, or tops, or praised, or rewarded. I live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by Holy Spirit Power. 

My face is set, my gait is fact, my goal is heaven. My road may be narrow, my way rough, my companions few, but my guide is reliable and my mission is clear.

I will not be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. 
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice or hesitate in the presence of adversary. I will not negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. 
I wont give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and preached up for the cause of Christ. 

I am a disciple of Jesus. I must give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes. And when He does come for his own, He'll have no problems recognizing me.
My colors will be clear!!!


My wish is that one day I will have a faith that powerful and a passion that full of fire!

I love you all!

~Jenna~

4 comments:

Anna said...

That's really, really neat! I'm going to print it out I like it so much. It's cool to know that he lived out what he had wrote. Thanks for posting it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna!
Thats such an awsome letter! I hope i can be like that one day too. And just to be able to put all his passion and feelings into writing is a task in and of its self. Especially about the Father and the Son. At least for me it seems that way. Maybe im just not good with words though. Thanks for shearing it with was it really does inspire!
Hope your doing well! Love ya!
Shannon=D

Jenna said...

Thanks guys!

Good to hear from you again, Shannon! :)
Yeah, I started to cry when it heard it. I dont really even know why, it just dug into my heart! haha! I really want to have that kind of faith and passion! But I know it is going to take a while for me to even be close to that! wow...
yeah, itsnt it cool that he did live out those words. That tells you something! That those werent just words that he made up, but he meant them! Its awesome! :)

I love you guys!

Jenna

Natty Girl said...

Ooooh I'm so glad you put it on your blog so I will be able to show it to people and see it!!! Thanks for sharing it!! It is SO powerful and SO good. What an example!!!