Thursday, January 1, 2009

Remincsing About the Past Year

So Many things have happened this year, it is crazy! I can hardly believe all that God has done in my life and in the lives of those around me. I mean, this time last year I was always crying because of my lonliness and missing my brothers, who I almost never saw. Now, my heart is so full! There is almost never a moment in this house where there is complete silence, there is no possible way for me to be lonely now! I can see now that He was preparing me for this, he was giving me the longing to have a full house.
He overwhelmed me with His love until I could no longer stand and I fell over backwards. His love washed over me like a wave and I could almost hear His voice whispering to me, "I love you. I LOVE you. I love YOU!"
God took me to Zambia, Africa and back again, with lessons that I will remember for the rest of my days. The sweet Orphans with hearts of gold and with a flaming passion for Jesus, the Son of the Living God, in whose name they pray. Bishop Peter who had been through the flames and in the flames and God brought him out as bright as molten silver and on fire for Him. The sick and infirmed who would travel for miles just to be healed because of their great faith that never wavers. The HIV/AIDS ladies that waited for years just to feel God's touch again in their lives and be healed. The poor children that are so hungry that they dig through trash piles to find anything worth eating. They all taught me so much about life and about what is really important and how blessed I am to be where I am. 
God has helped me with my friendships that sometimes struggled for a while. 
He gave me the BOLDNESS to pray for people that I meet and to tell some about His everlasting grace.
And He gave me contentment. I am truly content. My heart is full to bursting with everything that He has done for me. I have seen His hand and I know that I can just rest in Him. I don't have to worry about anything or be anxious for nothing. God has everything under control. I just have to put my problems in His hands and He will take care of them in His good time. 
It has been a good year, and I would not trade or change anything. 
And for those who are wondering, No, I am not going to Zambia this Summer. I feel like God has me here. I am meant to be where I am right now. And after everything that He had in store for me last year, I can hardly wait to see what He has for me this year. I know that it is going to be  an amazing another year of incredible growth that I have never known before. 
So ends this year and everything that happened in it. 
And, as they say in Zambia, God is Good all the time. All the time, God is Good!
Content and Hopeful,
Jenna


3 comments:

Natty Girl said...

Wow Jenna...that is neat!!!
I understand about Zambia too...though my Uganda trip was a little different, but I learned things that I will use through my life and I met people who I will never forget! :)
This year was good, but I'm excited about the next!! :)

Anna said...

Cool! It sounds like you had an eventful and good year, Jenna. Wow, it seems like a lot of people went on missions trips this year. I remember Ellen telling me that you were on the trip. It was about the same time I went to Cambodia.
I also learned so very much from my missions trip, I think everybody does! I don't think any christian can go to a foreign country and not be changed by what they saw.
I can't wait to see all God is going to do this year. I'm so excited about getting to know Him better!
Thanks for sharing with us God's faithfulness and goodness.
Happy 2009!

Jenna said...

yeah, this year was so full, and I know that God has so much more in store for me this year, it is almost overwhelming! I am so excited about what He is going to have me do...I love drawing closer to my Lord and Savoir... His love makes me want to sing and dance for Joy as His goodness! God is so good, and I cannot wait to see what he has for me here. I am where I am meant to be and I am at complete peace with what is going on in my life!

haha! and good thing I checked who I am signed in as, otherwise I would have signed in as Ellen....woops! cant have that! Not cool!
hehehehe!!!

I love you all and I hope that everyone has an amazing and blessed 2009!

With much Luv,
Jenna