Monday, May 2, 2011

Changes....

As you see, there are some changes coming to my blog... and I thought it was appropriate, for my life is changing.
I am almost done with my first year in college (woohoo!), and with that comes a new stage in my life.
I am going away for a year to Hume Lake to attend the Joshua Wilderness Institute. It is going to be probably one of the most amazing experiences in my life, and I cannot wait to go. I have learned all that I can learn here. I want to break out, experience some things in life on my own. Make new friends, draw closer to God, and learn about what He has in store for me and my future.
At Joshua, I will be digging deep into the Bible... theological training, leadership training, life skills. My brother went, and he described the experience as... taking everything he THOUGHT he knew about God, dumping it out, and building him back up with a solid, firm foundation based on experience and knowledge of the scriptures.
So... this blog is now going to be about that... I want to include all of you in this. I am going to need so much prayer and support in this, I can't even begin to describe it. I am betting that I am going to have a lot of opposition from the enemy, and I need your prayers to combat that.
I will be getting a job this summer to help pay for the program, I will be sending out sponsorship letters, and more! ah! I am just so excited!
Hopefully I can keep this going while I am in Joshua, but if not, I know I will be able to email you all.
Oh, and the Missions trips! AH! I will be going to LA, Mexico, Hollywood, Dominican Republic for missions. We will be going to Israel for two weeks! seeing the places Jesus walked, the battles in the Old Testament, the Jordan River... I can't even begin to say how excited I am about this.
I am just so amazed how much God has changed my heart about this. I have never wanted to go away for a year before.. and the thought of going to all these places... honestly TERRIFIED me. 6 months ago, it was a flat "NO!" about going to Joshua. I resisted it.
But just about 5 months ago, my mom suggested it to me again... and that fear is GONE! God has totally changed my heart, and I am just bursting at the seams to go! I want to learn, I want to tell, I want to walk towards the calling of ministry and missions that God has had for me... I start shaking with excitement every time I think about it!
Anyways, I am done with all this now! I just wanted to let you all in on the things that are going on in my life.
I love you all SO much, and I am so blessed by having you in my life. Thank you for your support, and I cannot wait to begin this new phase.
God Bless!
Jenna

1 comment:

Natty Girl said...

That sounds totally awesome Jenna!!! You will not regret it and you definitely will have my prayers!!! :D K...it is scary to go away for a year, but you get used to it quickly and all the new faces. Yes I love going to college in TN so I am so excited for you!!!

Looking forward to hearing your comments about it!!