Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Done :)

So, I thought I should let you know that I am completely done with my first year of college!

*does happy dance*

And I am pretty sure I got all A's and B's... although that has not been confirmed... I am simply crossing my fingers and hoping I am right. I love A's and B's.

What can I say? I love good grades.

And to celebrate (not really), I went to Disneyland yesterday! woot! I had an amazing time... however...

I sat in the front of Splash Mountain... at 8 o'clock at night. Got COMPLETELY soaked, and didn't get dry until about 5 hours later when I finally got home. I was a shivering, teeth-chattering little thing for the rest of my stay at Disneyland.

Then, my friend who was giving me the ride, had a Japanese foreign exchange student with her. He apparently said he was fine and went off on his own. She gave him instructions to meet us at a certain place at a certain time.

Did I mention he doesn't know much English?

Yes. We lost him. AND he turned his phone off.

Great.

Now we can't even contact this non-English speaking little Japanese dude.

Did I also mention that it seems whenever I am at Disneyland with this particular friend... something always happens? Last time her tire went flat in the parking lot.

But that is a story for another time.

So, after waiting for him to meet us, we go over to Pirates of the Caribbean. She had mentioned also meeting him there. Maybe he was there!

No.

So we got a staff member and told him that we were looking for someone. He helped... somewhat. Most just called City Hall and gave them his description. But when we let out that he was 18, they pretty much said "oh, there's really nothing we can do then"

... What part of Japanese foreign exchange student don't you understand?? He's never been here before! He doesn't speak English!

So, we went to City Hall and sat there for a bit. All the while my friend is still trying to call him. FINALLY the phone rings. After about 3 calls, he finally picks up. However, he is unable to understand her, and hangs up.

So, she calls again. Yay! He answered! And he was able to get out that he was by Pirates of the Caribbean... Oh the irony!

So we go back, we got him, and we finally got out of the park. I was shivering this whole time, still damp from Splash Mountain, which I had gone on about 3 hours before. Never go on Splash Mountain at night. It's probably the stupidest thing you could do.

Anyways, that is my tale from Disneyland. "The search for the foreign exchange student from Japan."

God has a sense of humor :)

Thank you all for plowing through my little rant here. It was a pleasure writing it. I hope it made you laugh :)

God bless!

Jenna

3 comments:

Ellen Elizabeth said...

hahahaha.... that made me laugh Jenna :)

Natty Girl said...

Oh man Jenna! that is so intense!! lol I cannot imagine!! Why would he turn his phone off!!! lol Sorry you were freezing for 5 hours, but I am glad you had an overall good time and SCHOOL IS OVER!!! YAY!! hehe

Oh and I want to hear this flat-tire story! :D

Jenna said...

oh, we were just stuck in the disneyland parking lot for 4 hours, and the staff there were NO help at all. People tried to help us, but nothing seemed to fit... not even the spare tire. Everything that could have gone wrong pretty much did. I did a note on facebook about it, I will copy it on here, so you people can see it :D

it was pretty amazing lol!