Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Famous Fondant Cake

Well... You have all heard about the amazing fondant cake that we made...

It was fun when we were planning it and when we got started, but when we had to make 40 gum paste roses....it wasnt so fun any more...uh-uh! Nope. It took me, Ellen, and Adam about 7 hours to make them...ugh! If I ever make a cake like this again, I am going to use real roses and not use fondant. I do not like that stuff. It makes it look nice, but it is chewy and We didnt put enough flavor in it. It did not taste good...haha!
But the cake itself sure did turn out good! 

Wanna see? 

Here ya go!




Us three rose makers doing...what else? Making roses!


Noah dusting the roses in the purple edible dust we bought...very sparkly!


The finished roses! soooo purty....I never want to make some again!

The cake...



The finished product! ahhh!!!! SO much work, but it was worth it in a way...kinda....haha!

There ya go! The cake! It tasted very good and everyone ate it...but not many people ate the fondant...ugh! I do not like that stuff....it tastes like plastic! haha! But..yeah...it was fun...haha!

I love you guys!

Jenna

18 comments:

(: talia :) said...

WOW!
It IS AMAZING!!!!

I wish I had help making roses!!
Didnt it kill your backs?!?

It is sooo gorgeous, you all did an AMAZING job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hah, I wish I could have tried it!

it looks picture PERFECT!!!!!!!!

(: talia :) said...

oh, I have a question, did you make the fondant and gumpaste or buy it?

Cause I liked my fondant, but I DID NOT like the gum paste....
and I made both....
just wondering!

luv ya!

Anna said...

Oh my goodness! It's STUNNING!!!
The roses look like they're real. It's so beautiful. Mmmmm, it looks delicious!

I wouldn't want eat it though, I'd just want to look at it. Hahaha, well done! I'm sure your brother's bride to be was quite pleased!!!

Love you too!

Natty Girl said...

Wow...I am amazed!! How beautiful and perfect looking!! I mean "wow wow wow!!!" I can so see why you would have a love/hate relationship with this cake though!! Cause it looks beautiful (I personally would cry when someone cut into it though!) but what a lot of effort! But yea Jenna...WOW!!!

Oh and I like yours and Ellen's shirts! Ellen's must be a new one: what does it say?

I like noting people's shirts...sorry!!

(: talia :) said...

oh yeah, Ellen's is a NOTW shirt!

hehe

Natty Girl said...

I thought so, but which one???

Oh and Jenna how did your Musicale thing go? I want to hear ALL ABOUT IT OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenna said...

haha, thanks you guys!

This is the only chance I have had to look on my blog...haha!
Yeah, it did kill our backs, Adam finally grabbed some chairs and pulled them up to the counter so we could sit down! We had been standing all day..haha!

I bought the fondant, and we bought a gumpaste mix and then put water in it to make the gumpaste. I am sure that homemade fondant is better tasting than the store bought stuff, but the texture wasnt very good and everything was kinda wierd...but the cake itself was good...haha! And actually, the gumpaste was fine, and some people ate the roses and liked them...sooo...yeah! haha!

Yeah, it was fun to look at it and see our handiwork...but eating it was fun...and tasting our handiwork! hahahah!

I love you guys!

Or gals...hehehehehe!

I am feeling really goofy right now...maybe it is because I am tired..yeah...that would explain it...bye!

Jenna

Jenna said...

oh, and yeah, Ellen is wearing her NOTW shirt...and I am wearing......some strange shirt that I got at a store and I have no idea what it says and I have no idea what the blue picture on it is...but its kinda pretty anyways...soooo....yeah! hahahaha!

Jen

(: talia :) said...

haha Jenna!
I like your shirt!
I love how you explained it the best tho! ;) lol

Ok, cause I was wondering what store bought was like, and I found a good recipe online and just used that.. but I totally hate the gumpaste.. all my little brothers always eat it! :)
but it is soooo tiring to make, you just have to keep kneading it forever!

luv ya 2!

Natty Girl said...

Haha...goofy moods are the best, Jenna!! LOL...but I was talking to Talia about it in the car yesterday and I've never made a rose out of fondant or play-do or anything...yea she was trying to explain to me how easy it is, but I was having trouble communicating to her how unartistic I am. For all you amazingly artistic and creative people its hard for you to realize what its like not to be able to do all the things you do!! LOL

That is why I think it all is just so amazing and beautiful!! LOL I mean I can't imagine doing it! And all your talk about store-bought/homeade...yea I'm like "yea I argee...oh maybe...no..bad stuff!" LOL

I love ya guys though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natty Girl said...

Oh and about your shirt Jenna, I wasn't sure if it was stripes or words!! LOL

But the blue picture...I didn't see it...once more my unobservingness...I'll have to go check...but actually I have to go do school!!! ugh! (I like saying ugh!)

Natty Girl said...

(I know this is my third comment in a row...sorry!!! hehe)

I zoomed up the picture and I was able to see the blue picture and writing and what was on Ellen's shirt and everything!! haha

Jenna said...

haha, you random weirdo, Nat! hahahahaha!
I love you two to death! You are awesome! yeah, and my shirt is weird...I really dont get it, but it is comfortable...and actually, really the only thing I dont like about it is that it is kinda see through...ugh! (I like saying that too, do you do not stand alone!)
anyways.....

Yeah. You willn have to show me the recipe, because the store bought stuff was gross....I added some flavor, but not enough, so it was bland, and it was like eating play dough...haha!

I love yyyyooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Jenna

(: talia :) said...

so it was salty?
hehe, JK..
IF you ever ate playdough before, you know its salty! hehe

But yeah, I will email you the recipe! I have to find it though..
I think its in my favorites :)
but when you make it be prepared for alot of kneading, my forearms were killing me!

I actually get to make another cake tomorrow! A green one, the only thing is I am afraid of having green hands..lol.

Oh Nat, we should have a playdough party too~ then I can show you how easy it is..its alot easier with playdough.. I havent played with it in a loooong time!

I love you two too! 8)

Natty Girl said...

Its nice to know I don't stand alone!!! But yea slightly see through shirts are a pain, even though you just wear a cami...its like why do they make it like that!! Ugh (hehe!!)

Ooh...Playdough/Lion King party!! Making roses while watching Lion King...AWESOMENESS!! hehehe!!! TOTALLY!!! We really need to set a date! :)

LOVE YOU BOTH ALSO!! (OH...gotcha guys on that one!!)

Oh and Jenna this is bad I can't remember if wierdo was the word I allowed you to call me!!! hmmm...we'll need to talk again!! LOL :)

Jenna said...

I think that we were settled on called you a random weirdo...because you wont let me call you a goof, or really anything else!
I was very sure to call you what you will let me call you!
haha!
You two sure do have some fun coming up! Actually, that sounds like a lot of fun, and I am sure you will have blast! Make sure that you tell me about it sometime...and all the crazy inside jokes that you gals are going to make up...hehehehehe! i love you!

Jenna

Unknown said...

O MY GOODNESS! ahh andrew is actually getting married! it is sorda a sweet sad thing, i am so happy for him but every thing changes when people get married. Especially when us single people are left behind :P Now jenna don't you get any ideas from that brother of yours and go and get married to! yes i know you are just 16 but i am just making sure ;P LOVE YOU DEAREST Girl!

- <3 shelly

Anonymous said...

WOW! I don't even know what to say! Its amazingly gorgeous!! It looks like you bought it in a store! Great job Jenna, I commend you guys for this. I would'nt have the patience or the talent for this.=P
Love ya!
Shannon=D