Friday, September 12, 2008

Voice Lessons

Hey there!
So, this morning I had my first ever voice lesson. It was quite interesting. I loved it, but it was quite and experience.
I was amazed at how the slitest thing can make your voice go all screwy.
First....we stretched. She wanted me to relax and get into an easy relaxed mode. I was all giggles the whole lesson, I just had to laugh becuase I felt so rediculous. Then, she evaluated my posture. Yes, You need to have a certain posture when you sing: feet apart and legs slightly bent, shoulders back and chest raised. I was good at with that...but she had me do something else. Tuck my tail bone in and move my pelvic bone so that my lower back is competely flat. I felt so wierd. But she said that it looked really good...hehe!
Then...she started to teach me how to properly sing. I learned some things that I have never even dreamed of..hehe! When you sing, you must open your mouth as wide as you and form your mouth into an inner smile. My cheekbones high and eyebrows raised...in correct posture..she had me sing Mighty to Save. She adjusted a few things and then we went into depth with the words of the song. So powerful. Then she dug into my heart and told me to sing my song to the Lord and to people that may seem like they have no hope and that God cannot handle their problems. Then, I sang. I had no idea that I could make a sound like that! I felt like my heart was coming out through my song...and it felt good. It was fun! SHe then gave me a song to work on for the week...I had a really good time. I like voice lessons already! My teacher is really good and fun. She has an incredible voice! Ah! I hope that I can sing like her someday. anyways...that is the chronicle of my first voice lesson...I hope that there will me more to come.
Jenna

12 comments:

Natty Girl said...

That's so amazing and exciting Jenna! That sounds like a blast!! I can't wait to hear you sing after you've been having voice lessons for a while...you'll be incredible!! :)

Jenna said...

hehe, thanks! I am excited about what is to come...I really like our voice teacher...she is incredible! I had a lot of fun! Anyways...I love you!
Jenna

Anonymous said...

That is so neat you're taking lessons! I already thought you were great, but I'll bet you'll be even better now! Can't wait to see you!

Love ya!
Emmy

Jenna said...

I am sooo excited about the whole thing...hey, are you going to be coming down for my b-day party?????? I havent heard anything from you. I would love for you and your family to come down...spend the night and go to church with us! Ellen asked yesterday if you were coming. I know that my mom has been talking to your mom, but she has not told me anything. anyways...I love you so much! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!
Jenna

Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe that I will be coming down!!! I'm very excited!! I don't think we're staying the night, but I'm not sure... I would love to see you guys though!
Talk to you later!
Love ya,
Emily
XOXO

Jenna said...

Yay! I can tell Ellen now that you are going to be coming down! I am soooo excited! All my good friends are going to be there! I love you so much! It is going to be so much fun! I can't wait to see you!
Jenna

Anonymous said...

I know! I can't wait to see you too! Anything special you're wanting for your birthday? I'm clueless!
And please don't say a book. :)
Love you,
Emily
XOXO

Jenna said...

haha, no, I actually don't want a book...though you know that I would be just fine with one! Hmmm...I have no idea....jewlry, uhhh...clothes, gift certificates, all that jazz...you can get me anything that you want to get me. I really don't want anything...so...surprise me! I love you!
Jenna

DramaPrincess*92 said...

Haha, yep, voice lessons can be interesting sometimes. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff that I have had to do in theatre before for our vocal excersises...it was extremely funny one time when our theatre vocal instructor was giving lessons to our Robotics team before we sung the National Anthem on game day, and she had us do all of the typical theatre excersises...those of us who were taught by her in theatre thought nothing of it, but those who had never taken lessons before thought that they looked like idiots...and the kind of did...lol. So have you worked on breathing techniques? Luv ya girl!

Sarah

Jenna said...

Yup...that was practically all that we worked on today...she made me lie on the ground and then she put books on my stomache...and then just told me to breathe...and she also did a few other things...and you ever heard of hooks?
Jenna

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna, are you going to post about your birthday? Cause you should! I'll be looking for it! Haha... :)
Emily

Jenna said...

I was thinking about doing that! hehe! look no more, girlfriend!
Jenna