Monday, October 4, 2010

Oh! The benefits of adulthood!


I never really thought much about what it would mean to be an adult. But here I am! 18!
And I haven't really felt different... until I went online today and found a pair of boots that I have been wanting... for half the original price.
Normally, I go to my mom for things like this... but I had a new opportunity before me.
I have my own card... and I'm 18. I didn't have to go to my mom.
I felt as though a door into a whole new world had been opened up to me. This was a confirmation of my adulthood... and trust me, it was much a more powerful confirmation than the cigar that my brother gave me.

Yes, I smoked it.

Don't judge me.

Anyways, as I was looking back and forth between the boots and the tip of my wallet sticking out from my purse, I found myself grinning broadly at the prospect.

I am an adult.

I can buy things online. Without using my mother's card!

Of course, I was good and asked Mom's advice. But either way, the thought that I didn't even have to ask her permission about it sent a thrill through me. It's my money, that I earned and/or got for my birthday.

I promptly pulled out my card and bought the boots. After said event, I went on facebook and posted about my triumph... along with a link and picture of the boots.

Yes... adulthood definitely does have it's benefits...

~Jenna~

4 comments:

Natty Girl said...

lol!! You nut case!!!! I love you though!!! :)

I want to see the boots!!!

Jenna said...

hahaha, ok, I will find a pic and post it :)

Ellen Elizabeth said...

haha...but you don't have a driving permit like the rest of us 18-year olds....lol
I love you, I'm just teasing you.

Jenna said...

I do now! Ha! :D